La Striscia is a commercial farm belonging to the same family for over 60 years and has always been run with great respect for the environment and safeguard for the countryside. The La Striscia Farm grows Merlot and Sangiovese vines, olive trees and cereals.
The olive trees belong to some of the most typical Tuscan varieties, including the Leccino, the Moraiolo, the Frantoio and the Correggiolo, and are cultivated on soil rich in minerals, at an altitude of about 400 metres above sea-level. La Striscia Farm’s extra-virgin olive oil, with a very low acid content, is obtained by cold-pressing of hand-picked olives and can be bought on the farm or ordered for home delivery. It is not subjected to any filtration treatment and has a fine green colour, golden reflections and a pleasant natural fragrance, with a rich taste full of fruity notes.
The 800 hectares of the La Striscia property offer countless possibilities of walks and are populated by abundant local wildlife.
The La Striscia Farm is a member of the Toscana In Association (http://www.toscana-in.com), which gathers together the agritourism establishments, hotels, bed & breakfast and farms in the area.
- Managed by the same family for over 60 years
- Maximum environmental awareness
- Safeguard of the countryside
- Merlot and Sangiovese vineyards
- Leccino, Moraiolo, Frantoio and Correggiolo olive groves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, with very low acidity, obtained by cold-pressing of hand-picked olives
- 800 hectares of property, ideal for walks in search of the rich local fauna